Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Teddy


Something has changed our once fearless dog. Can you see the uncertainty in her face?

No, it's not a big mean neighborhood bully dog.
No, it's not a unruly child.
No, it's not cuz she gets dressed up in bandanas and cat ears on occasion.

It's the chipmunk living under our porch.

It took me a couple weeks to figure this out.

This morning when I was trying to get Teddy to go outside to pee, the little rodent was right there on the steps. STARING. The two of us stopped for few seconds, not knowing exactly what to do (I'm terrified of mice and little rodents). When I say "two of us", I'm speaking of me and the chipmunk.

Teddy, being approximately 1000 times the chipmunk's weight, had bolted as fast as she could, sliding on the laminate flooring, and hid in the bathroom behind the toilet.

In a feeble attempt to ward off the chipmunk from the safety of the bathroom, Teddy barked her most annoying of barks. Evidently chipmunks aren't afraid of dogs that hide behind toilets, because the little bugger decided to catch some chow at the bird feeder then. He was in no hurry whatsoever.

0 comments: