Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas shopping

I decided I was going to take the "buy handmade pledge" very seriously this year, as I want to support small business owners, but frankly, even more-so, I just cannot stand the crowds anymore. Etsy has been good to me, so I wanna be good to etsy.

I bought several items for my daughter, Molly (15). If you read my blog at all, you know she's a sorta FASHIONISTA. If you knew me at all, you'd wonder how I birthed this child. I am super plain and uninterested in getting my nails done, shopping, etc. Poor Mols.

The first item I bought is the most precious little heart ring made by Sweet Nirvanas. Is this just the sweetest darned thing or what? Franky (the owner) is just as sweet.


I fell in love with Cory's shop, Sweet Petula. She has a definate gift. She has created a wonderful look and feel to her shop, don't you think?

For myself, I bought a solid perfume called "Sweet P". It's made up of five different kinds of essential oils, the main being Lavender & Litsea-Cubea. I love lavender and lemon verbena together, so I'm so excited to get this!



Molly loves lip balm. I bought one pomegranate and one dark cherry. YUM!



I did a search for "silver bird necklace" and found Just Jaynes. I love her style! I found a lot of silver bird necklaces, but when I saw this one, I knew this was IT. She has a very nice following and I enjoyed her blog, too.


Have you bought Christmas gifts on etsy, too? I'd love to hear what you bought!

Liz

3 comments:

Catherine Jayne said...

Thanks for featuring my songbird in your post! I always try to buy as much handmade as possible. So far I've purchased 3 sock monkeys with matching tutus! I also plan to buy tutus for the girls to match their sock monkeys!!

Lauren Alexander said...

i have bought a lot this year! Check my blog to see. Dolls, pottery, prints....love it all this year! I really like that heart ring you found....my stepdaughter would love it too...

Franky said...

Aww, thanks so much for featuring my little heart ring! You are sweet, yourself! I love the solid perfumes...