Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Circles for the tree


In an effort to hit that critical "100 followers" mark, I'm posting yet another witty, constructive, family-friendly story. :) :) :) <--- chock full of smilies for your enjoyment
Need something fun and simple to do with your young children? Don't have enough on your plate? If you are bored (HAHAHAHAHAHA) and have lots of time and lots of patience (ahem)... and of course LOTS OF FELT, then this project is JUST FOR YOU. Felt. I can't get enough of the stuff. Except in the winter it gives me the creeps when I touch it with my nasty dry hands.

Anyhoo... Cut your felt into circles... we used a pinking shears and a regular scissors to add some SPICE-OLA! And of course don't cut all your circles the same size. That would be so Martha. Plus you will argue with your children cuz it's impossible for them to make them perfect (believe me, been there done that).

Thread a big needle with embroidery floss and connect your circles. We used a nice long piece of floss. Tie more floss on as needed. Samantha connected them all herself. She's one of those crafty, arty kids THANK GOD. I wanted one SO BAD. My oldest daughter hates crafts. And nature. Which I don't get. How can anyone hate nature??? Like I'll see a hawk and get all freaked out and impressed and she'll be like I JUST DON'T GET WHY EVERYONE GETS WORKED UP OVER A BIRD. THERE'S BIRDS EVERYWHERE. Sigh. I threaten her with country living sometimes.

Anyway, you can put your finished string of circles on your tree (OBVY! as my non-nature girl would say) or do like we did, hang it over one of your windows ... super cute! Of course when I went to take a pic of it on her window to share with you, my batteries in my camera were dead-as-a-doorknob. Can you just visualize?! Her room walls are pink and her window frames are light wood. Oh... the windows are sorta dirty. I know you can see it right now. If you can't, I know you really don't care, cuz you're thinking one of two things: I really don't care OR I wanna do this myself and I don't care what it looks like in your house cuz I'm already thinking of where I'm gonna put this thing in my house and if it's worth having it around for like 50 years. And untangling it like a million times. I'm guessing you're thinking the latter.

So here's more pics:



If you take this on, let me know and post pics!!!

Yours forever,
Liz

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hilarious...love your story! I rec'd my wood dolly ;) love it. I make those for my little girls, I add a wood ball top so the head a wee bigger, but yours was for me!! Happy crafting with your girls.