Samantha is super sensitive and HATES her hair brushed or messed with. Anything I manage to get in her hair (ponytail or whatever) she manages to take out within an hour or two. It's so frustrating! She's the kid that has all that HAIR hanging in her face, you know, the one that looks like a wild child! tsk tsk! I can hear you all! WELL NO MORE!
Meet Cheryl of Old School Trading! She makes the most comfy and super cute headbands!!! I ordered one for Samantha, then had to order a bunch more! Our mornings are much nicer now and Samantha loves them! Molly snagged one, too, and they fit them both wonderfully. I don't know how Cheryl did it, but they fit both my kids and me, too! And the craftsmanship is perfect!
I got these (plus a plain black one not shown):
Here she is in her favorite cheetah print:
Cheryl was gracious enough to let me "interview" her:
When and why did you start making these cool headbands?
1. When living in Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri...I designed children's clothing and sold them on Ebay about 8 years ago. I designed fun vintage inspired clothing re-using jeans, chenille,vintage tablecloths, hankies, sweaters...you name it...I used it! It was so much fun! When I decided to start making clothing again on Etsy...I decided to make headbands to match my outfits. My oldest daughter, Ashley, was so excited about my business and helped me cut my first 100 headbands that I made....So I decided to call them "Ashleybands". The Headbands became a big hit since they fit so well on both Adults and children and because I offered so many fabric choices! I CAN'T STOP BUYING THESE BEAUTIFUL FABRICS!! I started getting wholesale orders from all over the country...including Australia and Singapore of all places!! So....at the moment...I'm whipping out Ashleybands on a daily basis!! Life comes around and goes around! Right out of college I was an assistant buyer/product developer of hair accessories for Claire's!! Now...I'm back doing it again for Old School Trading!
What is your typical daily routine?
2. Typically...I wake up and get my kids ready for school. I check my emails while I eat breakfast. Hopefully, I don't spill orange juice on my keyboard!! I usually then start working on my orders and get everything lined up to start sewing when my youngest, Alyssa, goes to afternoon preschool. I sew all afternoon...but check my emails...and occasionally shop supplies on etsy as I come up with other ideas that are floating in my head while I sew! I also try to work on marketing stuff (just completed a new trifold with all my fabric selections)...and trying to get a new website launched very soon which takes me forever because I'm Computer Illiterate!! When I go pick up the Kids from school...I run to the post office and try not to do "business" until late at night. But....it depends on how busy I am. When my husband comes home....I hope he doesn't ask "Did you do laundry today?"
Tell us about yourself using just 5 words:
It's hard to talk about myself!
I guess I'd say 1. Humble 2. Honest 3. Faithful 4. Creative 5. Spontaneous
Name 5 of your favorite blogs:
I can honestly say that I just got into the "Blog World" since the New year. So, I'm hoping to have time to "Add" this to my daily schedule!! I have enjoyed following:
1. http://mylilyeden.blogspot.com (very inspiring)
2. http://dandginagives.blogspot.com (awesome giveaways)
3. http://feeds.feedburner.com/trueup (great place for sourcing)
4. http://robbiegphotography.com/blog (beautiful photography)
5. And of course: http://primoriginals.blogspot.com (well...I guess you know why Liz is a favorite!!)
Name 5 of your favorite etsy shops:
It's hard to pick only 5!! I LOVE FABRICS so I would have to say 1. MaterialGal 2. Luckykaerufabic 3. Sweetdreamsandco 4. LemonTreeStudio 5. And of course Primoriginals!!
(Me again): Cheryl has graciously offered to do a give-away of her awesome bands! Simply comment on this post and you are automatically entered to win a 3 pack of *Ashleybands* in any fabric of your choice in Cheryl's shop! THANKS CHERYL!!!
Hey ya'all, don't forget to comment on my blog post below for another primoriginals give-away, too!