Friday, December 14, 2007

ACEOs

Of course Christmas is always so hectic, so normally when I'm spread too thin I paint an aceo or two. Aceos are like a comfort food to me! I love creating them! For me, the smaller pieces come more naturally. I remember in high school I wrote my friend's names on pieces of rice, LOL!

Here's my latest aceo. I love her facial expression. And of course I had to put a flying cat in there with her!





















I have a four-year-old daughter (Samantha) who is seriously obsessed with art! If she gets an idea, she NEEDS to go in her room immediately and get it on paper. Every night I try to read to her, but she begs me to let her do just *one* more drawing. I have a big table in there for her
with lots of paper and supplies. :) It's so fun to see your kids love what you love. Although sometimes being an artist can be a curse! Strange, but it really does overtake you sometimes! Here is her latest drawing. Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a blessed day! Liz





2 comments:

sUz said...

Liz,
Your new ACEO is so much fun! I also think your daughter's work is amazing for someone her age; her cat is awesome!
Have a great weekend!
iN jOy,
sUz

Liz said...

Thank you, Suz! :D