Tuesday, August 18, 2009

summer over?


Most of the pools have closed here in Green Bay... it's eerily quiet lately. Everyone's sorta moving slower I SWEAR.

In Wisconsin people really "SUMMER" hard. We have to cram it all in a few months.

Our family tends to do less than most people though, as vacations and getaways aren't something we like, quite frankly. Our oldest daughter Molly would love them, actually, but the rest of us... BLECH.

We get away very occasionally and I am always so relieved when we are home. The practical side of me is very strong and I can't wrap my mind around spending so much money on something NON-TANGIBLE. I hope I'm not sounding dreadful here. I am not an anti-vacationer, really. More power to ya!

When we are hanging out at home, we love popsicles. Or should I say my husband and daughter do. We go through them like water. Samantha has been known to snag one in the morning when I am having one of those "can't get out of bed" issues.

Hope you are having a good-relaxing-end-of-summer time.

1 comments:

Sandy..... said...

I feel the same way. Normally I hate winter and being stuck inside and that restless feeling...but this has been a crazy summer..and am quite looking forward to the slower pace!