Saturday, April 25, 2009

Look what I found

I cleaned out the basement and found a box of brushes, paint, clay, clay tools, etc! My dad had given me this box a while ago and I thought I had *lost* it somehow, haha. You can imagine how exciting this was! I needed new brushes badly.

The paints are oil, so not sure if I will ever use them or not. I don't know anything about oil painting.


OH! I was thrilled when I saw this brush holder thingy!!! I tend to leave my brushes in my dirty water too long sometimes :(((. This thing is so handy! No more wrecked bristles.






I also got rid of a bunch of stuff in my studio and organized a bit:


And have I told you how in love I am with my new BULBS??? Oh my my my!!! I wish I would have bought these daylight trumpet bulbs YEARS ago!!! (I didn't want to pay the $15 a bulb, but to think of all the time I wasted trying to get good shots and editing!). No more struggling to get a good shot! No more color correction! Such better quality photos as I don't have to adjust my exposure setting as much, if at all. Of course I broke one the other day by trying to unscrew it and not holding the base. Grrrrr.

Here's my lightbox. I also have a lightbox that has the sheer sides, but I've found that this foamboard one works so much better. Super easy to make.





Hope you all have a great weekend!

Stay tuned for Monday's interview with an UP AND COMING etsy artist! Very cool stuff!

Liz

0 comments: