Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Bad Day

I woke up this morning and instinctively knew the day would be *bad*. Women know these things sometimes.

My little Samantha has been struggling with terrible allergies this spring and it breaks me up to see it. Today I snugged with her and she felt warm. My heart sank. I felt this sort of pit in my stomach. She had a fever of 101! She doesn't have any of the other flu symptoms. Of course I'm terrified it's Swine Flu.

I gave her ibuprofen and her temp is normal now. She was playing a bit and not acting too sick, so I am going to wait until morning to call the doc if the fever is still there. The last thing I want to do is bring her to the doc or ER! Of course I will if necessary, but I've heard they don't want people to come in unless absolutely necessary (just phone calls if possible).

I'd so much appreciate any prayers and thoughts for our little Samantha!

On a nicer note, a friend of mine sent me this link. I am finding it quite comforting right now. I keep watching those pretty ladies change and change and the music sorta takes me. They have nice round faces, unlike the "pretty ladies" of today, where stick-skinny is the thing and gobs of make-up. I'm dating myself.

pretty ladies

Good night everyone,
Liz

0 comments: